One True Pairing 'ship: Jack/Daniel
"One True Threesome" Ship: Jack/Sam/Thor
Canon 'ship: Daniel/Sha're
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: Jack/Sam
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: Is that I am a sick bastard for shipping Jack/Maybourne, or that I think other people are sick bastards for shipping Daniel/Yu in a non-non-con way?
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Sam/Janet
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Hammond/anyone.
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: Six months ago, it was Daniel/Sam. Now it's probably more like Jack/Teal'c.
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: Does Trance/Thor count? It's my crossover OTP of DOOOOM!!!one
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: Daniel/Paul
"When all is said and done" 'ship: Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Sam, and Daniel/Sha're.
Guilty Pleasure ship: Jack/Janet
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: Jack/Sam (on very rare occasions)
Favorite Older/Younger ship: Sam/Catherine
One True Pairing 'ship: John/Aeryn
"One True Threesome" Ship: Rygel/Noranti/Stark :p
Canon 'ship: John/Aeryn
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: N/A. Or rather, would stab eyes out (Rygel/Noranti? John/Sikozu? Stark/Chiana?) then go write smut.
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: John/Scorpy.
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Zhaan/Aeryn
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Aeryn/Rygel
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: Aeryn/D'Argo
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: There are 'ships in Farscape that don't make canon sense?
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: John/Chiana
"When all is said and done" 'ship: John/Aeryn, D'Argo/Chiana, Stark/Zhaan, Scorpy/Braca, Scorpy&Harvey/John, Pilot&Moya. Crais&/Talyn...
Guilty Pleasure ship: John/Scorpy
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: orgyyay!
Favorite Older/Younger ship: Ancient!Jack/John (also goes under "guilty pleasure" and "you sick bastard"
One True Pairing 'ship: none
"One True Threesome" Ship: N/A
Canon 'ship: Beka/Tyr UST
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: Unmentionable
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: Harper/Spirit of the Abyss
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Harper/Tyr
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Just about every damn pairing in the fandom
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: Trance/anyone
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: Dylan/Rev!!!oneoneone
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: Any and all.
"When all is said and done" 'ship: All team, all the time.
Guilty Pleasure ship: Harper/Trance, Beka/Trance
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: ...
Favorite Older/Younger ship: Trance/Walter. :p
One True Pairing 'ship: none, really.
"One True Threesome" Ship: Ron/Harry/Hermione
Canon 'ship: Ron/Hermione
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: I trust JKR not to do anything outrageous with the pairings.
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: Filch/Umbridge
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Sirius/Remus, Sirius/Harry, Sirius/James
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Snarry
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: Harry/Hermione
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: McGonagall/Hermione
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: Harry/Draco
"When all is said and done" 'ship: Whatever JKR says.
Guilty Pleasure ship: Weasleycest
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: Peter/Remus
Favorite Older/Younger ship: McGonagall/Hermione and Sirius/Harry
Lord of the Rings
One True Pairing 'ship: Frodo/Sam
"One True Threesome" Ship: Gandalf/Bilbo/Frodo?
Canon 'ship: Aragorn/Arwen
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: N/A
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: Faramir/Pippin
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Merry/Pippin
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Gandalf/Bilbo
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: Merry/Pippin
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: Jack/Sam :p
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: Aragorn/Legolas
"When all is said and done" 'ship: Legolas/Gimli and Frodo/Sam
Guilty Pleasure ship: none. It's all good clean fun. :p
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: N/A
Favorite Older/Younger ship: Gandalf/Bilbo
One True Pairing 'ship: Jack/Daniel
"One True Threesome" Ship: Ron/Harry/Hermione
Canon 'ship: Max/Logan
"If this happens I'll stab my eyes out with a spork" 'ship: Jack/Sam
"You are one sick bastard" 'ship: Jack/Maybourne
"I dabble a little" 'ship: Beka/Tyr
"It's like a car crash" 'ship: Hammond/Jacob
"Tickles my fancy but not quite sold yet" 'ship: lots
"Makes no canon sense but why the hell not" 'ship: Trance/Thor
"Everyone else loves it but I just don't feel it" 'ship: Jack/Sam
"When all is said and done" 'ship: ship is pretty.
Guilty Pleasure ship:
"I can't believe I read it and liked it" ship: Daniel/Paul
Favorite Older/Younger ship: McGonagall/Hermione. OTP 4eva!!!oneone
Harry Potter Meme
Q: How did you get into Harry Potter?
My dad told me I should. (I know, the shame, the shame!
Q: Read the books?
Q: Where will you be on June 21st (release of the Fifth book)?
Q: Who are your favorite characters?
McGonagall, Hermione, Lupin, Sirius, Snape
Q: Who are your favorite relatively minor characters? (minor meaning they were never the main focus in any one of the books so far)
Tonks, Luna, OotP!Ginny, McGonagall...
Q: Have any HP merchandise?
Q: Do you relate to any characters?
Q: Do you look like any characters?
Q: Do you act like any characters?
Hermione? Maybe a little?
Q: What is your favorite house?
Q: Is there a house you absolutely hate?
Q: Honestly, not just because of what house is your favorite, what house would you be in?
Q: Okay, suddenly you are a student in Harry's year. Pick someone you'd die to date.
Q: Who would be your secret HP crush?
Q: Is there a character that annoys you to no end, and should you meet them in real life, you'd want to kill them?
Q: Do you ever compare people to material in the Harry Potter books?
Not really. Mostly I compare characters in other fanda to HP characters, which is more a meta-affectation.
Q: Do you ever privately sort people into houses when you meet them?
Q: Who is your favorite founder?
[answer kept from rj_anderson"They all bore me. But I guess Rowena, since she was a Ravenclaw and all."
Q: Do you really believe the statement "Not a witch or wizard in Slytherin doesn't go bad"?
Should be "There isn't a dark witch or wizard that didn't come out of Slytherin," and it's patently false. *points to Wormtail*
Q: Do you really blame the founder of the house for all of the out-of-date prejudices that Slytherins seem to have?
Q: Do you think that Draco Malfoy will actually redeem himself as many fandom folk try to portray him as doing?
Q: Do you think that Professor Snape can actually go back to spying?
Is it canon that spying is what he was doing? I think he's going back to what he was doing in the first war, but I don't neccessarily think it was spying.
Q: Is there any character you would give your wand arm for, just to see them die? Voldemort doesn't count.
Draco. Just to see the fandom cry. *cackles*
Q: Is there any character that in the event of their death you would have no qualms about holding Rowling hostage until the author writes the next book and finds some way to bring them back?
Hermione. Please, please don't let her kill Hermione...
Q: Do you read fan fiction?
Q: Where do you usually haunt for fan fiction?
Q: What is your favorite fandom pairing?
Does McGonagall/Hermione count if it's not actually a fandom pairing per se since I'm the only one who ships it? If not, Sirius/Remus
Q: Who was the first pairing you ever read?
I'm not sure. Possibly MM/Tom Riddle
Q: Has the slash bug caught you?
*snerk giggle pant* Riight.
Q: What sort of pairings are you most willing to read?
MMWP slash, teacher pairings.
Q: Is there any pairing that when you see it, you want to beat someone over the head with a blunt object? If so, who?
Harry/Draco, Hermione/Draco, Hermione/Pansy, Harry/Pansy, Arthur/Lucius, are the pairings. The person I want to beat over the head with the blunt object is whoever cast Tom Feton (is that his name) as Draco Malfoy.
Q: Which rare pairing are you currently on a kick about? In other words, reading every fan fiction of them you can get your hands on?
Q: How are you about original characters serving as the main character in a story, particularly in a romance with a canon character?
*is automatically harsh and judgmental* MARY SUE! ONE TWO THREE CRUCIO!
Q: What do you think of when people use aliases like DracoMalfoysGurl?
I think of the ways in which I can inflict pain on innocent spiders.
Q: Do you think that there is any elitism among authors in fandom groups? If so, who?
Yes, but I don't follow the fandom well enough to know.
Q: Who is your favorite author?
Don't have one, haven't read enough fic in the fandom to know.
Q: What makes you love a fan fiction?
[answer kept] Solid characterization. Witty dialogue. A lyrical but readable style. Paying attention to canon.
Q: What makes you hate a fan fiction?
Fanon. Characters behaving OOC. Lack of knowledge about canon.
Q: How often a day to check fan fiction?
More like once every few weeks or so.
What do you call...
1) A story concept: Plotbunny
2) The shortest kind of story you can write: Um... half a drabble? :p
3) The longest kind of story you can write (short of an actual book): Novel.
4) Someone who creates fanfiction: Writer, fanficcer, author
5) An online place that stores/offers fanfiction: website.
6) Things readers say to writers about their work: Feedback
7) BONUS: Add one question like the six above, then answer it... What is the canon hierarchy? Show (spoken word)--> Show (gesture) --> Show (props) movie --> grey canon --> merchandise
Name/define three interesting/unique words or terms common within your favorite fandom(s).
[Note: these are intensely personal and probably only apply to me and Gvambat and anyone using them in the rest of fandom will probably be greeted with "huh?"
1) "the episode that dare not speak its name" and "the episode that dare not speak its name in polite company"
2) "the bastard" for Jonas. ("Jonass" is more common in the fandom at large, though)
3) "altship" for Sam/Daniel
Name/define three interesting/unique acronyms common within your favorite fandom(s).
1) SDR=Sam/Daniel Revolution
2) OTP=One True Pairing--not unique, not interesting, but there you are.
3) FDAS= Fiesty Daniel Appreciation Society
"Utter" one spontaneous cry or exclamation of...
1) delight/joy: SQUEE!
2) shock/surprise: ::boggle::
3) horror/disgust: SQUICK!
Name ten pairings outside your fandom(s) that you'd like to read or write if you had time.
[For the purposes of this meme, I shall define my fandoms as Stargate and Farscape, as I really only dabble in the below fanda. I shall attempt to list only pairings that I haven't actually read or written. Many of them I've started writing but then couldn't finish.)
1. Holmes/Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
2. Blackie/Sean (Greeleyverse)
3. Picard/Q (ST: TNG)
4. Anne/Diana (Anneverse)
5. McGonagall/Hermione (Harry Potter)
6. Josh/Christian (Clueless)
7. Willow/Tara (Buffy)
8. Jim/Blair (tS)
9. Ron/Harry (Harry Potter)
10. Logan/OMC (Dark Angel, and yes, simply because I'm shallow.)
(I suspect this was once a fannish 5:)
1. Last fandom you joined. Errrr... The only fandom I'm really and truly a part of the 'Gatedom. Everything else is just for fun.
2. Last pairing you wrote. Daniel/Sam
3. Last fic you hated so much you wanted to saw off your own head? Eh, probably something found through one of the Mary Sue communities.
4. Fandom that makes you want to kill? Stargate SG-1. Because I care. Everything else is just for fun.
5. Fandom that you're ashamed to admit to? None.
1. what fandoms do you participate in? Stargate, occasionally Harry Potter, and I lurk in Farscape, Andromeda, Dark Angel, LotR, tS, Sherlock Holmes, and others, I'm sure.
2. what was your first fandom? Lord of the Rings is the first fandom in which I read fic; Stargate was the first fandom in which I was active.
3. what fandom are you *so* over? None.
4. what is your favorite fandom? Stargate SG-1, darling.
favorite pairing? Sam/Daniel at the moment, Jack/Daniel perpetually
5. what would you rather poke your eyes out with spiky hot flaming daggers than read? Mary Sue fic.
what pairing in particular? Jack/Sam
6. what do you reeeeeeally wish someone would write (ahem, write *well*, that is)? McGonagall/Hermione! Jack/Maybourne! John/Scorpius! Scorpius/Braca! Holmes/Moriarty! Sam/Cassie UST! I'm sure I can think of more!
7. complete this sentence: if I see Draco, Jonas, Dylan as a central character in a story, I simply won't read it.. (but not really true; I'll read anything if well-written.
8. secret story kink? Coming-out stories. Party games. Drunken confessions.
9. complete this sentence: if I read mpreg in the warnings, I simply won't read it.
10. what pairing will you read no matter who writes it? Holmes/Watson, Jack/Maybourne, and Minerva/Hermione, because they are sohard to find. what pairing will you avoid like the black death? Dylan/anyone. Jack/Sam. Aragorn/Legolas. Draco/Harry.
11. complete this sentence: I really wish [person] would write [pairing/fandom] fic. I really wish Gvambat would write fic of any kind. :p
12. what story made you cry like a little girl? I've never cried over fanfic.
13. what story makes you hothothot? Actually, this is a question I'd rather not answer.
14. what is your comfort fic? you know, the one that always makes you feel squishy when you're feeling low. Time Enough by Teand.
15. what would you like to take a shot at writing? I've got several fics with odd and different pairings in the works.
Who are you? Ari, Ruth Ellen, RE
How old? 18
What's your biological sex? Female
What's your gender preference? Female
What's your sexual orientation? Oops. Almost wrote "straight." Might be tired. Queer as a three dollar bill.
Where do you live? On the internet.
What are your current fandoms? Stargate SG-1, Farscape, Andromeda, Dark Angel, Sherlock Holmes, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Sentinel, Bibleslash, Buffy
The Part About Your Fandoms:
What's your biggest fandom now? Stargate SG-1
Who's your favourite character in this fandom? Sam Carter (subject to change daily)
What's your 'ship/OTP/OT3 in this fandom? Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Sam, Daniel/Sha're
Tell me something interesting about you and this fandom! This fandom stole my soul and ate it for dinner a year ago.
In fact, just list down all your 'ships/OTPs. People need to be warned!
Canon: John/Aeryn, Max/Logan, D'Argo/Chiana, Stark/Zhaan, Daniel/Sha're, Diamond/Original Cindy, Willow/Tara, Tyr/Beka UST, Harper/Rommie UST, Rommie/Gabriel, Jack/Sara, Ron/Hermione, Sam&Jolinar&Rosha/Martouf&Lantash, Daniel/Ke'ra, Aeryn/Veloreck
Extra-canonical: Jack/Daniel, Sam/Daniel, Jack/Maybourne, John/Scorpius, John/Harvey, Scorpius/Braca, Tyr/Harper, Dylan/Rev, Holmes/Watson, Sam/Frodo, Legolas/Gimli, McGonagall/Hermione, Sirius/Remus, Snape/Lupin, Sirius/James, Sirius/Harry, Harry/Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ron, Jim/Blair, David/Jonathon, Ruth/Naomi, David/Saul, Picard/Q
Pure Silly Trance/Thor, Trance/Tonks/Tinky Winky, Teal'c/Tanith, Jack/Thor, Sam/Thor, Jack/Sam/Thor, John/Rygel, Aeryn/Rygel, Stargate!Jack/LotR!Sam
Which was your first fandom? Lord of the Rings? Stargate?
How did you get into it? Stargate... oh, I love this... it was the best four months of my life, watching the second half of S6 air, running over to my roommate's side of the room to watch, slowly but surely feeling my depression drifting away, realizing that I loved Stargate, realizing that I felt warm and giddy when I watched it, and realizing that I was madly in love with my roommate. Really, it's all the same story.
Which two fandoms would you most like to see a crossover of? Seriously? None. Though badfic is always fun, whether intentional or not.
What is the one slash relationship you never, ever, ever hope to see? I don't want to give anyone any ideas. Besides which, I'm pretty unsquickable except when it comes to stupid concepts that are way overdone in fandoms. The real reason that most of my 'ships of non-choice squick me is because they're way, way too popular and make little sense to me. If they weren't as popular, I wouldn't hate them as much.
If you had to choose one fandom to give up, which would it be?? Lord of the Rings
The Part about Your Fandoms Affecting Your Life:
How many people do you know online just because of your fandoms? Twelve, plus one non-fandom friend of a fandom friend.
How about IRL? One.
Do you read fanfic? Yes.If yes, how much do you read? It depends on how much homework I should be doing.
Do you write fanfic? Yes
How many hours of your waking life do you spend thinking/doing stuff related to your fandoms? All of them. Pretty literally all of them.
Do you think that it's a bad thing? Probably.
Do you try to corrupt all your real life friends into your fandoms? All my real life friends are fen. All. Of course, since I'm down to about three real life friends, that's not saying much.
How many times have you succeeded? Never.
How much of your life philosophy do you think is determined/due to your fandoms? IDIC, anyone? Quite a lot, actually, more in terms of meta than in terms of the actual construction of the show, though. Lots of my thoughts about lit theory, religion, biblical interpretation, and relativism come directly from thinking about 'shipping and the interpretation of canon.
Can you imagine life without your fandoms? Literally? Yes. In fact? No.
Do you think you're obsessed with your fandoms? Totally.
Good thing, or bad thing? Good thing. (and why?) It's better than, say, being obsessed with thinking of ways to kill myself.
And Just A Random Part:
If you could possess any one superpower, what would it be? Time loop machine.
If you got to kill off one character from any of your fandoms, who would it be? Dylan
And how would the above person die? Rev would eat him.
If you were to marry one character from any of your fandoms, who would it be? Sam Carter.
If you were to pick one character for a one night stand, who would it be? Daniel Jackson (*is shallow*)
Imagine you're a geneticist. Imagine you want to transplant frog DNA into one of your fandoms' characters. Who's the lucky one? Trevor. :p
Let's say you had the power to change one event--any kind of event--in one of your fandoms. Unfiring RHW.
Last question, I promise. If you were to name your children after characters from your fandom, what would you name them? I wouldn't.
1. What was the first fandom you read fanfiction in? Lord of the Rings
2. What was the first fandom you wrote fanfiction in? Stargate SG-1
3. What was your original favorite coupling? Sam/Frodo
4. What is/are your current favorite coupling(s)? Jack/Daniel, Daniel/Sam (but see above for monster lists of favorite pairings.)
5. What were your original thoughts on yaoi / slash? *wonders if anyone else has noticed that Sam is in love with Frodo*
6. What are your current thoughts on yaoi / slash? *wonders if anyone else has noticed that Hammond is in love with Jack*
7. Which two fanfic authors influenced you the most? Hmm. I'm not sure. I can't remember all of my early misconceptions about canon that were caused by fic, and certainly not what fics they were from.
8. Who is your current favorite fanfic author? Teand
9. Who is your favorite fanfiction author of all time? Teand.
10. Who is your favorite fanfic character of all time? SG-7 in C. L. Kamnikar's fic.
11. What is the longest fanfic you've completed and how long was it? Learning to Love Sha're. It's about 4,500 words, or nine pages in Word.
12. Which of your fics is your favorite? Not sure.
13. Which of your fics is your least favorite? I've written a lot of crap calling itself sap.
14. What is your favorite fandom you've written in? Stargate SG-1
15. What fandom will you never touch with a ten foot pole? LotR. For lots of reasons which I feel compelled to share but not right now, since they're kind of complicated and involve creative interpretation of canon.
16. How many pen names have you had? None. Ari isn't a pen name, it's a nickname, and it didn't orginate in fandom.
17. How many total stories have you written and published on the Web? Twenty-five, not counting bad crossovers, and including a drabble that only got posted as a comment in wistful_fever's journal.
18. How many of those were lemons / contained sex? Six were NC-17, two more were hard R's, and a ninth contained glowy alien mindsex.
19. How many current WIPs do you have open? Including only ones in the SG-1 fanfic folder, fifteen.
20. What fanfic kink do you read / write that disturbs you the most? For reading, D/s, among others. Writing, probably Scarystalker!Daniel.